Monday, November 9, 2015

Popeye Powder



Last year my daughter sent me an article on power foods, like kale and bok choy. My husband would have nothing to do with eating them. To solve this issue, I dried and powdered kale and bok choy. Then I added the powder to our meals (chili, spaghetti sauce, etc.). He never knew he was eating healthy.
This year I tried to grow broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage. I ended up with lots of leaves and stems but no edible vegies. I read that the stalks and leaves are full of nutrients so I dried and powdered all of them.
My daughter heard what I was doing and wanted some powder too. So, I dried my carrot tops (full of vitamin C, potassium, vitamin K, etc.) and mustard greens. We named the powder, "Popeye Powder".
Popeye powder costs a fraction of vegetable powders that can be purchased on line. I keep a shaker of it by my stove and add it to almost everything I cook.