Friday, August 15, 2014

Quick and easy chili using my pork and beans



1 lb.   lean gr. beef 
1 chopped onion 

1 chopped green pepper 
1 can  beans with pork  (14 oz can)
1 can red beans (14 oz can), drained and rinsed
1 can diced or crushed (28 oz. can) tomatoes undrained
2 T chili powder
1/2 t cumin (opt.)
1 pinch oregano or powdered kale
1 pinch red pepper flakes or to taste 


Brown meat in frying pan.  Drain off fat.  Turn heat down to med/low and add green pepper, onion and spices, cook for 4 -5 minutes, stirring to cook.  Remove from heat.  Drain and rinse kidney beans.  Place all ingredients into a large pot and simmer about 20 min.  Adjust spices to suit taste. 


This recipe is from http://www.angelfire.com/bc/incredible/xCS11easychili.html but, since there are no pictures on that site, I had to put it on my blog so I could pin it to Pinterest.  (I also made some minor adjustments to the recipe)